The Australian Motorsport Council (AMC) is the representative body of Australia’s peak national motorsport regulatory bodies across the 5 key motorsport disciplines – motor racing, motorcycle, karting, speedway and drag racing.
The role of the AMC is to provide leadership, industry representation and advocacy through a united national voice for 2-wheel and 4-wheel motorsport for and on behalf of the Australian motorsport community on key issues.
The AMC members are not-for-profit, member-based organisations that represent over 1000 affiliated Motorsport Clubs, 460 Licenced Racetracks and in excess of 335,000 active participants including more than 60,000 licence holders and 18,000 trained Officials across all Australian states and territories.
Individually they are responsible for the safe management, regulation, promotion, development and insurance of their specific disciplines of motorsport from the grass roots through to the international level in Australia.
The AMC is the largest and most credible representative of motorsport sanctioning and organising bodies in Australia. The AMC’s credibility comes not only from the direct national performance of its constituent bodies – which is impressive in itself, but from their affiliation with and adherence to the highest standards of the International motorsport
Federations from which they derive their Australian authority.
The AMC is an independent not for profit company limited by guarantee. Its Board is made up by the Chief Executives of Australia’s peak motorsport bodies under the Chairmanship of five-time MotoGP World Champion – Mick Doohan AM, ensuring the decisions and policies of the organisation reflect the real priorities and concerns of legitimate motorsport
organisations across Australia.
The AMC’s objectives fully align with those of Australia’s individual national motorsport bodies:
- Provide a credible united voice and effective advocacy for Australian motorsport.
- Promote the interests of 2-wheel and 4-wheel motorsports.
- Identify and address issues that impact the interests of the member bodies.
- Unify the resources and passion of the member bodies to harness the economic, political and social significance of motorsport.
- Advocate for all Governments to recognise that safety and integrity in motorsport are paramount, with the regulation and sanctioning of motorsport being best handled by legitimate, not for profit, member-based bodies that are affiliated with the International Motorsport Federations that are members of the Global Association of International Sports Federations.
- Ensure that motorsport in Australia is subject to the highest safety standards in the world.
- Ensure that motorsport in Australia is always conducted in accordance with the highest standards of rules, policies and procedures, thereby ensuring that motorsport in Australia is conducted with integrity and in the safest and fairest possible way.
- Maintain and oversee the highest levels of integrity in Australian motorsport.
- Advocate for all levels of motorsport to be conducted with the highest levels of governance.
- Represent the interests of the member bodies and their stakeholders to governments and other relevant bodies – both in Australia and overseas.
- Continue to develop and grow motorsport beyond the existing levels of participation.
- Improve and promote the safety and innovative developments directly attributable to motorsport.
- Ensure that motorsport in Australia is conducted, encouraged, administered, promoted, and managed in a manner which secures and enhances the safety of participants, officials, spectators and the public and which allows the sport to be competitive and fair.